Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School Raigarh was opened in Laxmipur Raigarh on 4th March 1956 by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa who have been working in India and abroad since 1887. It is managed by the M.P. Sisters Society of the Third Order Apostolic of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Raigarh C.G. 496001, registered in M.P. under Societies Registration Act X XI of 1860 on 4th March 1957. The school was started in a hired house at kewadabadi . On the first day the number of admission was 40 from K.G to Std. V. The pioneering sisters worked whole heartedly and served the poor hungry sick and specially the tribals. Within one year’s time the school was shifted to its present location. There was a dyeing factory and it was modified into class rooms. Gradually the strength increased. The sisters had to face lot of hurdles and obstacles in the initial stage as English education was considered as anti- national. The resistance to English was so strong and we were compelled to open a Hindi Medium school. So the English and Hindi Medium Schools started functioning simultaneously with the recognition from the M.P. Board. In 1991 the English Medium School obtained the Non Objection Certificate from the M.P. Board and got affiliated to ICSE Board Delhi. In the year 1992 the ICSE Board granted the affiliation to the School. The name of the school was changed from Carmel Convent English Medium School to Carmel Convent Senior secondary School in 2010. The school also started the commerce stream in plus two in the Year 2010.
Carmel School Raigarh is committed to offer a life-oriented education that is humanizing and liberative, enabling the students to be socially conscious and justice-oriented. Empowerment of the poor and the marginalized will be a priority, and respect for God’s creation will be fostered. The thrust is in the light of a ‘civilization of love’– the kingdom of God as envisaged and promoted by the Founders, Mother Teresa of St. Rose of Lima.
To know more about School, Read & Download Prospectus